This Weekend I decided to get ambitious!! I took a cooking lesson from Ellen Burgoyne (she's the best!!) and she taught me how to cook chicken properly and how to cook rice 1/2 brown and 1/2 white so it's healthier but the fam will still eat it lol. and then from there we made Italian Chicken with an easy sauce, over rice! it was so tasty and the boys gobbled it up when I brought it home! As you can see from the picture, we ended with strawberry jam... and get this! we didn't use a water bath canner! she is genius! I can make any kind of jam and never have to have the proper equipment haha ;) I'm excited!!!! in case you are wondering, after you fill the jars, you flip them upside-down, time it for five minutes, then flip them over and they will seal on their own!! ....again, genius :) I popped some open last night with daniel and we were both in heaven, it's good stuff :)
My next insane endevour is to be Healthier... you may be wondering what this goop is... well I'm going to tell you! this lovely jar contains: strawberries, a banana, vanilla yogurt, coconut milk, rolled oats, flax seed meal, and kale. it would be super duper yummy if I ommited the kale, however I'm trying to be a big girl! I don't get enough healthy greens other than iceberg lettuce which is like, pure water, so this is my personal torture to be able to down it in liquid form and be healthy. I had a cup of this earlier in the morning and I feel SO GOOD! I'm sticking to this :) I heard superstition ranch market has a ton of strawberries about to be too ripe so they're selling them for 25 cents a box, so I'm about to go run down there and see if I can get home a ship load of them and cut them all up and freeze them for future healthy smoothies :) ps: storing them in the mason jars (which I got at a thrift store super cheap) is a great way to go! :) it looks super pretty in the fridge ;)
anyways, I'm off to the market! ta ta for now! :)



1 comment:
I have to go to the market! I need to be healther too! Maybe I will steal your recipe... without the kale! Muahaha
Post a Comment