
In my English 101 class we are in the phase of "personal exploration" all resulting in writing prompts and an eventual essay. So today we watched a video by Ken Robinson that I actually posted on my facebook, it's 20 minutes long but worth it in my opinion. He said alot of interesting things but 2 things sparked me. the first was: "We are being educated our of creativity" and "Be prepared to make mistakes". there are so many times that young adults and children express a love or passion for something like music, dancing, sculpting, and other art forms and are told that they will never get a job doing that, so we naturally feel we aren't good enough and prune and redirect ourselves away from our passions and towards the careers. I started thinking, had I not done that, had I not disregarded any talents or passions I found I loved when I was younger because they were "impractical", if money and jobs were merely to do what one loved most.....What would I be doing? I have been stiffling all my creative urges lately and didn't realize it. But I have made a resolution to start doing things!!! take my ideas and go thrift store shopping and just create things!! If you're reading this, I challenge you to do the sae, don't be afraid to make mistakes. ---- I'm off to Psychology!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment