My Name is Maelani Parker and I married my best friend in 2012. We have a new angel in our home and this is a place to share a bit of our eternal story. enjoy :)
Monday, January 23, 2012
Shnuggly Little Andrew :)
For those of you who dont know, I have the best job in the whole world, I watch a little baby boy twice a week while his mommy has to go to work. She and her husband are first time parents and I have become a third party in their discovery process. Today's routine is what sister Glenn and I have decided to call the "WASH. RINSE. REPEAT." its the process you go through trying to get little Andrew to sleep/ be happy/stop fussing, the guessing game in which you try EVERYTHING and don't get it right till you try it all over again and for some reason that time its what he wanted. Rock him, put him in the swing, take him out of the swing, swaddle him, unswaddle him, reposition, reposition, reposition, give a binky, change the diaper, rock him, put him in his swing...wash. rinse. REPEAT!!!!!! :) Finally today after many tears and the wash. rinse. repeat. method I got Andrew to fall asleep in my arms in his favorite position and I was able to lay down on the couch with him swaddled next to me so I could hold his binky in and keep his arms from coming out and knocking it resulting in a very DONE and FRUSTRATED baby to wake up and scream and never think of sleep again. Watching that little boy sleep melted my heart, he cooed and cuddled in close and thats when its all worth it :) I love my little Andrew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Watch this video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgkZf6jVdVg
And tell me if it works with him so I can use it on my babies!
Thanks for the video Em!! I am totally going to try this with Andrew and see, I've heard him make all those sounds so perhaps there is something to this :) I 'll let you know!
Post a Comment