Sunday, June 20, 2010

Birthday Run with Shaine




Thursday night I got a text from one of my best guy friends, Shaine Cecil Bellows. It took some coaxing of my dad but within half an hour we were on our way to Chandler mall. We needed to get birthday presents for Emilee Ruth Gillespie since her birthday was the next day. Shaine needed "a girl of my stature to come along with" :) turns out I was very useful. First we located a map and found build-a-bear on it but then it took three times as long to find the sitcker that says "YOU ARE HERE"...go figure lol. We walk in and Shaine begins his own process of elimination. The flamingo is out of the question, I exed out the bear with the creepy eyebrows, he said no to the puppy since her mom hates them, and finally its down to the adorable snow owl, the girly fluffy bear, or the camo hc bear. We picked the camo hc bear since it was characterized the most like shaine (part black, hard core, etc.). He picked up the dead shell and we began our ameteour taxedurmy. I don't know if you knew this but you can actually get a heart to put in the bear that pulsates like a beating heart! It seriously freaked me out! so Shaine picked out a regular bright red heart. As he admired the stuffing machine that he decided he wanted in his room, the lady brought the little bear to life. She made shaine hold the fabric heart to his chest and make a wish and then made him kiss it. Then we went to the station where you stick it under a faucet that air fluffs it for you (that is, after you figure out that it doesn't work until you PUSH THE PEDAL, cough cough Shaine cough) then Shaine picked out a manly outfit and gave it a name (GI JO). He donated a dollar to the animals suffering in the oil spills and we walked out and into Macy's. I spent more time criticising the ugly jewelry than I did in finding someting that was actually cute. We combed the store and eventually found an adorable delacate braclet, it was a simple chain with little hearts in it. I tried it on just to make sure it fit and we walked out satisfied.We stopped at See's candies and got some chocolate to help his blood sugar and got some chocolate for my dad since he kept me an hour later than my dad told him he could have me. Then a lady told us to use the employee exit. That was the biggest mistake of our lives. we went through a maze of stair cases and I told shaine that it felt like a horror movie, like we'd been lured into this laberynth and some guy with a chain saw was going to jump out at any moment. We got out but then we litteraly RAN for 15 minutes around the outside of the mall to get to the place where his truck was actually parked. I dressed the little bear in his shoes and Shaine took the wrong freeway, claiming someone was hiding it lol. we eventually got home and the gift giving was a success! she loved it! :)

No comments: