Tuesday, June 22, 2010

campin

Woods canyon Lake. I set out on an unfortunate hike one day while camping and was not entirely excited as i'm sure my fellow campers could tell. we were then detoured around an eagles nest. slightly irritated? yes. it added half a mile to our journey. was it worth it? yes. I got to see an eagles nest up close with two babies in it, I got to see mother eagle scaling the perimeter, and suddenly she swooped down and right before she hit the water her tallons grasped a little fishy and she gracefully fluttered to the shore and feasted on her catch. daddy eagle swooped in and out and did gliding barrel rolls through the afternoon sky. The wind made patterns on the water and I saw the inprints of something you neither hear nor see but you can see and hear everything around it reacting against it, the water, the trees, everything chiming against the wind :) it was neat. i love the smell of camp fires. I love looking up to the Heavens and see the stars smiling back down at me. its breathtaking.

No comments: