My Name is Maelani Parker and I married my best friend in 2012. We have a new angel in our home and this is a place to share a bit of our eternal story. enjoy :)
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
SCRUBS
After calling Daniel on my lunch break today and talking his ear clean off I decided it was time to blog!! :) I am officially in training to become a CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant) and I'm so stinkin excited!! :) I wasn't supposed to get into this program because I was too late signing up, but yesterday morning AMTI called me and said they had a spot for me! and get this, after having a long talk with the administrators and instructors they tailor made me a program so I wouldn't have to do any clinicals on sundays! yay!! seriously, I feel like I'm apart of the human race again. No more trying to fill my days with productive activities and trying to get up early and trying to eat healthy-- My training starts every morning at 6am which means this girl gets up at 5 to get there on time. If I eat unhealthy I have no energy and can't get through my 9 1/2 hour day at school, so healthy it is! and every moment of my day I am learning something that will help me get a job and is progressing my life! I can't even tell you how good that feels!! and the other side to it is that I have been in a bubble so to speak. I'm used to my friends and family of my same faith. but at school I am surrounded by 23 people who don't share my beliefs or the way that I live. You get close to people fast in this kind of environment and the people around me are going through so much, but they're fighting to be there because they want a better life or they want to give their children better lives. It's opening my eyes. I felt compassion for people before, but now I have a wide scope of true empathy. the hard part is wishing you could help, and knowing you can't, there is nothing you can do beyond making their life easier in your time together, bringing in a smile and making them feel like what they are doing is worth it. Be conscientious of the people around you, there isn't a soul who doesn't suffer. Anywho, lovely tangent!! I get to wear scrubs everyday and they are THE MOST comfortable things on the planet! they should be an Earth-wide generally accepted outerware ;) hahaha. And tonight I have an appointment with the first councelor- I think I'm getting another calling!! eeep!! we'll see! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's making me very happy how often you are posting... Deliriously happy actually! I'm jealous of your scrubs, the whole skirt and heels thing every day is getting SUPER old.
just show up to work like I show up to school and when your boss asks just tell him scrubs are way more attractive anyways!! :) haha. I'm glad you read my blog and love my posting, I'm loving it right now because it helps me relax after 10 hours of school and no sleep and 5 hours of homework/studying in front of me!!
Post a Comment