Thursday, January 5, 2012

CNA in training

have you ever noticed that you can sit and watch someone demonstrate a process in front of you 10 times and think PSH I got this! ima pick up my equiptment and be pro and we can move on! and then you pick it up and go....uhhhhhhm *drool* WHAT IS THIS?! and feel like you're in kindergarten asking the teacher precicely how to paste the little paper to the big paper. Yeah, that was me today. We are learning how to take all the basic vital signs: Blood Pressure, Temperature, Pulse, Weight, ETC. and Blood Pressure is by far the hardest! I still feel like a blumbering idiot everytime I try to do it. by the end of next week I have to have taken all of the vital signs of 30 classmates and each set takes like 6 minutes, longer if you are blood-pressure-cuff-using-impaired! soo if you want to give me your arm then you're welcome to come see me on the weekend and let me practice on you!! :) but in all seriousness I'm keeping up pretty well! I've taken three major tests and only missed one on each, I'm determined to not miss anymore-I just keep telling myself that I can do this, as hard as it is, I can do this, last night I got 5 hours of sleep and 3 1/2 th enight before an dtonight is going to be more like none with as mch homework as I have but again, its worth everything I have to sacrifice.

No comments: