My Name is Maelani Parker and I married my best friend in 2012. We have a new angel in our home and this is a place to share a bit of our eternal story. enjoy :)
Monday, January 9, 2012
Noticing
In my course last week I really kept to myself alot and would just stay behind and study when everyone took their coffee/tea/smoke break and didn't give my opinions in the breakroom when topics came up contrary to my beliefs but I guess little by little people have been noticing more than I thought that I am a little different. This morning I was having a hard time staying alert because I woke up at 3am and the lady next to me started talking to me (she and I have gotten pretty close and comfortable talking more openly with eachother) an she said "do you drink coffee?" I responded "No I don't", she said "oh too bad, cause you REALLY need some!" and after a few moments pause she asked "Green tea?" "haha no I don't drink tea either" "NO? huh. ok." about 30 minutes later, "What about some caffine?" and I relplied that I could but as a personal choice I don't drink caffine and I don't really like any kind if soda in the first place, just good old water for me. and she just accepted that and was super sweet and didn't inquire any further. then later on in the class we were taking eachothers vital signs (we have to have taken 30 sets before the end of the week which takes ALOT of time) and alot of students will take two at once and then just tell someone their different normal signs instead of taking the time to do readings and someone asked me last week to be part of a group doing multiple readings at once and I thanked them but turned it down explaining that even though it took more time I wanted to go all the way through each proceedure so I would know how to do it and be able to pass my board exams and do it the way the instructor taught us and I didn't think anything of it, but today a girl came up to the girl taking my readings and said she was just going to observe what she did and take down her readings, then she looked at me and said "oh, I'm sorry I know you don't like to do that Maelani" and she just smiled and politely got up and found another group. I was partially stunned, but grateful I'd stuck to my guns so I don't have to be in that situation anymore!! I will be so sad if this class graduates out a bunch of second rate CNA's who just know how to cut corners. I did this in the first place to try and prevent that, we need more people who care and less people looking for a pay check. Lets bring back the integrity. People notice, and regardless of what people may think- Integrity and honesty are infectious, contageous and addicting :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment