Tuesday, January 31, 2012

icky sicky

Monday night I got hit with the train wreck flu! I had to miss all my classes and that included my first psychology test, my fingers are crossed that she'll let me make it up!
I could hardly move yesterday without invoking intense pain/dizziness/nausea, so I stopped moving at all. getting up to do anything essential (like going to the bathroom!) was a death sentence which ended in me crawling back to my bed so I didn't black out from standing up and being dehydrated.
Pathetic huh??
My mamma ran home and brought me some ice and sprite of which I got down two ounces in a 3 hour period..
Not too long after she went back to work I was surprised when my knight in shining armor showed up.
He'd been going absolutely crazy at work knowing I was home alone and helpless
so his boss gave him a long lunch to come help me.
I couldn't even move to get up and unlock the door for him,
again, pathetic huh?
so he went around back and LITERALLY came in through the doggy door
in his nice work clothes
He took care of me for as long as he could,
called his mom to see what Doterra oils to put on my feet and what to put in my diffuser
and he was able to give my sick and lifeless form a blessing.
After that I began recovering quickly, he came back after work and took care of me until our curfew. I woke up this morning and I was able to STAND UP!
I got myself all the way to school and WALKED to class!!
I sound super sissy saying this but I was tearing up,
After being so weak and immobile, walking and taking care of yourself feels SO GOOD!
I'm so grateful for a wonderful boyfriend who is always trying to take care of me.
He was trying to find something for me yesterday and I told to give up but he wouldn't and he proclaimed: but babe this is all I can do! I'm your hunter-gatherer!
It cracked me up :)


No comments: