My Name is Maelani Parker and I married my best friend in 2012. We have a new angel in our home and this is a place to share a bit of our eternal story. enjoy :)
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Update!!!!!
Ok so I have been super negligent in my posting and I have been sufficiently chastised for it! :) haha so here you go!! I worked for three months as a respite care worker and it is a time in my life that I will never forget. Those children are angels and apart of me is permanenty changed because of them. Leaving was the hardest decision I had made in a long time. But I stand by my decision and know it was right. God has another plan for me and I'm beginning to see it unfold. I am enrolled in all my classes for next semester at MCC and my money worries have vanished due to a scholarship I earned through the grace of scoring high on all of my placement tests. Tuition for the next two years is paid and im looking into another local scholarship to pay for my books, hopefully that goes through!! :) debt scares me to death so I'm grateful for these opportunities! Also in January I will be starting a part time job to bring in a little money to pay for gas and my small expenses. A lady in my ward is having a baby any day and is going back to work two days a week and I get to watch her newborn while she's gone! :) best. Job. Ever!!!!! I'm debating taking a certified nursing assistance program while I wait for January.... We'll see how that developes! :) Michael is coming home from his mission on December 19th and I am beyond ecstatic! And to top it off I have the most amazing best friend in the whole world, he is helping me through every step of this craziness and infusing me with his nonsensical belief that I can do anything :) i owe him for reminding me to wake up and choose to be happy every single morning and to never let anything change that. Life is good even though it's hard because somehow, some way, there is always something to smile about :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment