This is Miss Lorianne Louise. We met when we were nine and wanted nothing to do with eachother. Our elder siblings forced together and we've been together ever since. we have lived in different states for almost 5 years now and yet this journey that started when we were nine is still strong today at 18. I don't have to tell you how rare that is. She came for the week after 6 months apart and it felt good to have a sister close by to laugh with, to banter with and to have when no one else was around anymore. It's hard not to miss the days of being surrounded by love and support that highschool brought. Now all my friends are getting married and time has run away with us. We teeter on the cuff of adulthood and wonder where we belong and who we will take with us. I wish I didn't have to lose anyone. But thus is change and thus is life. The pain that builds your strength and your happiness if you let it.After dropping Lorianne at the Airport I went to my ward swim party and there become part of little families who needed help watching their precious children. One young mother had twins, Oliver and Abigail. They warmed up to me so fast and were reaching for me and letting me play with them and walk them around the shallow part of water and giggling their little 1-year-old laughs. they kept bending their heads back to look at me and smile and my heart melted over and over again. The future is bright when I think of Motherhood :)
wish me luck Monday- I'm applying for my first job! entering the big wide world with nothing but a smile. No matter what happens, I will carry on with that smaile :) I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment