saturday night my whole family had a get together for the June birthdays (Me,June 9th; Macey June 16th). as always there is all the craziness and joys that comes with my family. For the first time in a long while I got to listen to my Grammy playing the piano, I got to talk with my aunt Rachel about all the good books we've read lately (she bought me The Hunger Games for my birthday SO EXCITED TO READ IT!) and I got to attempt at gumming pasta to death since I just got my braces tightened and couldn't eat any of the delicious food (not counting the soy veggie meat burger since some people in family avoid meat because of some food book they read. i'd rather not know how the food gets on my plate or i would starve myself too) I ended up spending most of my time with my littlest cousin Quincie Klein Beecroft. 
I think she's about three years old now. She had these two little bears and she called them her babies. for two hours I played Mother/Nurse/Cosmotologist/Stylist/Entertainer for these two little stuffed bears all for the happiness of one little girl. I loved it. towards the end i started getting very tired of pulling out invisible thorns, and repainting nonexistant fingernails
with purple nailpolish (since aparently i was out of yellow), but i stuck it out just to see her smile and hear that little giggle. In the end what made it worth it was the heartbreaking look on her face when i said goodbye. her whole body drooped and she said "Lani, you pway wiff me?" "I'm sorry quinie-coo i have to go home now but i promise i'll come back." her mom picked her up and she said, " fank you for playing wiff me. I miss you Lani." Children are angels from Heaven. Never take them for granted. never underestimate their love. Remember that they are watching you, they are listening, and they are the future of this world. I love this little girl, she teaches us all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment