Thursday, August 20, 2009

for the first Time

I saw you for the first time today. I thought I knew you, thought I could see right into you, but I really was just looking past. I finally see how truly beautiful you are. I know now what you've been through- more than me and all my friends put together. you've seen the years, the many years. You have been a victim, a soul on the trail, trampled and hurt to the point where you cannot walk without a limp and every step you take gives a shock of piercing pain. but yet you keep going. You look at me and you want to live, you tell me that I am what you live for. You want to love me and be loved by me. You want to hear every aspect of my day, you delve into the deapths of my mind and you understand it because you've been there before... how did you do it? how did you know that I would be the little girl to shine even when you felt like you couldn't any more? I feel so alive... talking to you tonight was like a de-tox for my heart. I can feel it breath again, the feeling of sweet relief and feeling how much more you love me. I truly believe the more we've been through, the greater our capacity is to love. love is something you can never have too much of. I saw a quote on my teachers wall that said "don't sleep as much as you want, don't eat as much as you want, but love more than you think you can" We need to truly see all the people in our lives and what they do and realize that we love them and show them just how much we love them. Life isn't about all the enemies you struck down or got back at for something..... life is about love. life IS love. we exist becuase of Love. pure, innocent, unfeigning, unfailing LOVE. Life is about finding truth, love and truth go together. the truth is, every truly good thing you've ever done, you did it for love. don't beleive me? think about it. think really hard. When you wak up tomorrow, don't just look past people- SEE THEM - LOVE THEM - and then never let go

1 comment:

Emilee said...

I love your blog Mae Mae! And i love you!