Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The beginning of the battle

Two years ago, my mother found out she had stage one breast cancer
and she was able to fight it out of her with surgery, radiation, chemo therapy, many other homeopathic therapies, and lots of support from family and her loving husband.
This year there will be no surgery, and no hope of permanent remedies,
 but we are starting a long battle against her newfound terminal illness.
All we can ask for now is prayers. 
Prayers that are sincere and powerful and full of pleading for comfort for our family.
I don't know what else to do. 
I have not lost my hope, and even facing all that is before me, 
somehow I keep getting this feeling tugging in the back of my mind
that someday we will see all of the good that will come of this.
There is a grander design than what we see,
I just prayer we all make it through this intact.
For now the grief is potent and real, 
But time and Heaven will help us heal. 
I love my mom and wish she didn't have to see more pain in her life
 than she has already been through... but she is in Heavenly Fathers hands,
and I trust him. 
 




1 comment:

Emilee said...

I love you Maelani... Your family is strong and you can get through this... I am praying for you and your family.