Saturday, June 5, 2010

missing someone

There are feelings often felt that are seldom understood. When I feel anger I don't understand it and I get rid of it, I don't know how, but I do. But then there is the strangest feeling of all...missing someone. Sometimes its missing a brother you cannot reach from across several oceans, and sometimes its a best friend that has gone camping for ten days and left you stranded without her. missing someone is a feeling you cannot quench and you cannot forget, its constantly lurking in the confines of your mind and tugging at the hollows of your heart. Humans are such amazing and strange creatures the way that we feel. Why is it that we crave to hear certain voices? why is it that we only need to see someone and know they're safe, and then we will keep our distance....because we love them? why do we physically weaken from the lack of presences that support us? When my brother, best friend, and protector, left for his mission I realized that my entire life had been orchestrated with him at my side. Through the travels between our moms and dads house and never really belonging in one place, we were always together. After he left I physically had to learn to live without him. literally, I had been at his side for so long that having him suddenly not there set my whole world off balance. missing someone almost feels like a constant gravitational pull towards whatever corner of the earth that person ocuppies. I don't understand the human heart, I do not understand these strong invisible forces that govern our universe, but I know they are beautiful and tend to hurt immensly when set off balance.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

I'm very sorry I left you for ten days... And you're strong and can get through this love. I know you miss Michael, but he's almost half done!!! And like we talked about last night... He's really benefiting from this.